Monday, July 24, 2023

I'm Back (Spreading the Gospel Through Blogging)

 "For the word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword"  (Hebrews 4:12)

I'm back! Really back and can't believe my blogspot is still alive after 12 years! It is indeed the Holy Spirit's work. God will never allow his children forsaken even my blogspot.

Way back 2010,  I owe a lot of this blogging to my late brother Bar Famero. He is a wonderful man. He inspired me to do blogging.  God guided me in this undertaking because he gave me the idea of using his word to save people from eternal damnation...in a form of digital preaching. 

Prior to Covid-19 pandemic, internet gadgets and internet speed was quite scarce and few people realized the tremendous benefit digitization may bring to mankind including sermons in the pulpit. But with the advent of pandemic, the digital world was drastically  changed and was considered to be one of the most potent instrument of spreading information and learning not to exclude soul-winning and preaching sermons from the word of God!!!

From 2010 until 2012 I was able to post and publish  many devotional blogs, sermons, mostly general spiritual words of God that suits many Christian beliefs including Catholics, protestants, born again christians, baptists, adventists, and other denominations because most of the sermons were general daily life devotions that does not focus much on diverse doctrines...in other words "general patronage" spiritual life sermons through digital blogging were my focus and not to attack other doctrines.

Most of the sermons were taken and credits to the owner was accorded to my father-in-law a pastor of Odiongan Baptist Church Incorporated who according to many people and many christian believers in our locality was gifted in preaching for more than 40 years! His name is Rev. Teofilito Arevalo Rufon our Church Minister. All of his sermons were collected and I turned it into a devotional daily bread style book after painstakingly editing it getting the best among the best punchline sermon outlines, illustrations and memory verses that suits to every one. In short it was a "sermon recycling process" but tedious enough that it consumes 2-3 hours of blogging and editing.  Pastor Rufon's sermons were indeed sharper than any two edged sword!  It was a blessing to many because many have read it and were blessed and also because from digital posting in the internet I was able to convert them all to print!   Like a book and in fact I was able to print to large copies and I was able to sell it for 125.00 pesos each book print.  It was a bestseller during those years because many used it in devotions, catechism, bible study and sunday school selling out more than 50 copies. Unluckily,  my soft copy of it was deleted and I can't find it anymore!  I'm planning to reprint it and make a book to be available again in arevised edition and to be registered in the National Library at least to earn a point for my promotion in the school where I work.

But what is important is I'm back in the arena of serving God through "dropping an ink" that ripples in the social media. After 12 years of facing many challenges, now I'm trying my best to serve God through blogging. I have done my best shot in the previous years still for the glory of God though I have left this mission but at the back of my head, I promised that I will continue to my first love of serving Jesus. May God help me in this undertaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment